Welcome to my Blog

So as many of you know, I love photography. So I thought I'd start posting, and writing about some of the sessions I have. I'll post some of the photos that I quickly edited for you all to see.

Email with any questions, or suggestions.

Happy Reading!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Strongman Competition - Winthrop

So I tagged along with the Storeys, Giana & Elliot, to go see Elliot compete in a strongman competition.  In case you aren't familiar with these events, let me try to give you a brief overview.  It's basically abnormally strongmen trying to lift these ridiculously heavy objects.  For example, pulling three Toyota Tundras at one time, or tossing kegs filled with sand or water over their heads.  I'm sure you may have passed by, or even watched these events on ESPN.  Well Elliot has competed in these local ones since his college days (or his "glory days" as he says. 

So we packed up the kiddos, and bombed down the road to Winthrop, Maine.  For those of you who are unaware, I'm considered the Nanny when I'm tagging along with the Storey's, quite comical.  That's a whole other story (no punn intended) to tell in another blog, maybe. 

Here are some photos of Elliot and our friend PJ in action.  This was PJ's first competition, and he did great!  Next time he's sure to place first in his division.  Strength is needed, but technique is key!...or so Elliot says.  I'm just the cute bystander who likes to watch big burley men move Atlas Stones!  Cheers.

Sylar with Mummie...watching Daddy compete.


PJ looking good!

Elliot working hard...I believe he won this event...
Atlas Stones...showing the others how it's done!  Nice work!

No comments:

Post a Comment